As a member of the employment services team provide comprehensive rehabilitation counseling services to clients with multiple disabilities in order to achieve positive employment outcomes.
- Coordinate individualized service provision and plan development for all clients referred for vocational services.
- Conducts initial intake interviews for the purpose of establishing a positive working relationship and collection of information such as medical history, education, work history, vocational interests, social history, and financial status.
- Evaluate functional and vocational capacities of program participants.
- With the client establish a suitable vocational goal compatible with the client’s disability, needs and interests.
- Provide career counseling, placement, job seeking skills training, and retention services for program participants.
- Compile occupational information on the job market in the Cleveland MSA to formulate job development strategies and establish linkages with employers to develop community based work experiences and competitive job opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with employers to enhance job retention.
- Complete Comprehensive Vocational Evaluations and Transferable Skills Analysis.
- Develop strong working relationships with referring agencies in order to promote services and develop ongoing referrals.
- Maintain accurate case management records to ensure compliance with CARF regulations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and a solid understanding of dealing with diverse consumer populations. Demonstrated outstanding professionalism and the ability to execute thoughtful judgment are a must. Ability to maintain established relationships and cultivate new business. Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of autonomy and manage multiple projects with attention to detail, quality, and strict adherence to deadlines. Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a similar field; however a Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling is preferred. Designation as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor or State of Ohio licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor is strongly preferred. Demonstrated experience in service plan development and consumer service coordination. Past experience working with individuals with disabilities is required. Sales experience is helpful but not necessary as building community relationships is essential. An understanding of state and federal vocational rehabilitation agencies is preferred. A valid driver’s license, reliable personal vehicle, and proof of current automobile insurance are mandatory.
Please email resume along with cover letter and salary requirements.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Vocational Resource Center Inc. (VRC) is a private CARF accredited rehabilitation organization. VRC offers a wide variety of programs geared...