Provides a variety of direct and referred services in a program for persons with physical, mental or emotional disabilities, including vocational counseling, training, employment and referrals for medical care. This position will work with students with disabilities in transition from school to work.
- Interviews clients to determine needs and abilities.
- Interprets medical and psychological evaluations to determine eligibility.
- Provides clients with overview of services provided and what they may be eligible for to ensure client informed choices.
- Develops rehabilitation plan in conjunction with Physicians and monitors client progress.
- Works with client to develop an Individualized Plan for Employment with clearly defined employment outcomes, criteria needed to evaluate progress toward achieving employment, client responsibilities, and counselor responsibilities.
- Provides job coaching skills and training to support client's move to employment.
- Provides post-employment services to clients needing short-term services to enable them to retain current employment.
- Conducts financial needs and resource assessment to determine if the client will be required to participate in costs of rehabilitation program.
- Provides counseling during the clients rehabilitation program to assure that all client's needs are being met
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of industrial, commercial and professional occupations suitable for disabled persons.
- Knowledge of available training facilities and employment opportunities for a variety of occupations.
- Knowledge of the psychological and social issues of the disabled.
- Knowledge of client data collection.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to area of specification.
- Knowledge of vocational rehabilitation programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of the services offered by various community organizations.
Preference will be given to those with a Master's degree or five years of progressive work experience in rehabilitation counseling, counseling, social work, sociology, psychology.
Based on federal comprehensive system of personnel development (CSPD), counselors need to be qualified to sit for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) exam.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code SOVR09) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Services that are needed to accommodate a disability are available to individuals upon request by contacting your nearest Workforce Center; WY Relay (in-state) 7-1-1; WY Relay (out of state) (800)877-9965."
State of Wyoming - 15 months ago