The Volunteer Coordinator, under the supervision of the Manager of Volunteer Services, is responsible for developing, planning, and directing volunteer activities. This includes recruitment, training, on-going support/supervision and assignment of volunteers in the in-home and facilities setting. This position is an integral part of the Interdisciplinary team. The Volunteer Coordinator assists with ensuring that volunteer needs of the organization are met.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings, departmental meetings and agency-wide meetings as necessary to assist in assessing needs and developing a plan for volunteer utilization
- Develop and implement programs to enhance and expand the volunteer services available for patients, staff, and the community
- Screen, select and schedule volunteers according to established criteria, matching their abilities and interests with the agency’s identified needs
- Complete volunteer requests in a timely manner
- Participate in the ongoing volunteer training program and evaluate training materials and strategies on an ongoing basis
- Provide performance feedback to volunteers on an annual and ongoing basis
- Maintain ongoing communication/support with volunteers
- Maintain consistent documentation according to department standards
- High school diploma required, bachelor degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience coordinating volunteers or other people on an ongoing basis
- Experience developing and implementing programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Raiser's Edge a plus.
- Ability to use technology in innovative ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain personal boundaries and to work with volunteers in supporting them in maintaining boundaries.
- Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining individual accountability
- Ability to use data to evaluate and analyze volunteer utilization and program metrics