Oversees and coordinates all volunteer activity for assigned team. Coordinates the recruitment, training, placement and retention of volunteers to integrate volunteers throughout the assigned team and area. May supervise volunteer specialists, volunteer liaisons and other volunteer leaders as needed to ensure strong stewardship of volunteers through support meetings, recruitment events, training, recognition and other functions. Actively participates in departmental and team meetings as required.
Serves in leadership position within assigned area; responsible for creating and implementing yearly strategic plan for volunteer development in assigned area. Coordinates speaker’s bureau presentations to support organizational strategic plan and to promote Haven Hospice. Supports organization through development events. Responsible for continuing professional development. Accountable for reporting all information to management on timely basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- AA Degree preferred.
- 1 – 2 years experience serving in a leadership capacity with volunteers; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, very important.
- Ability to provide clear direction to volunteers important.
- Ability to organize self and others; excellent customer service skills important.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and insurance.
About the Company
Serving North Florida since 1979 and licensed as a not-for-profit hospice since 1980, Haven Hospice has been honored and privileged to care for more than 45,000 patients and families. The organization is home to offices in Bunnell, Chiefland, DeLand, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lake City, New Smyrna, Orange Park, Palatka and St. Augustine, covering 18 counties and more than 13,000 square miles.
At Haven Hospice, we realize that finding the ideal career fit means an environment that offers the best balance for work and life. We’re more than an employer and you are more than an employee. We realize there is more to your place of work than just a paycheck. Our employees are our greatest assets.
One of the ways we recognize the value of our employees is by offering an outstanding and comprehensive flexible benefits program unique to you and your lifestyle. This includes, but is not limited to, a competitive compensation program, an outstanding 401(k) program, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program with additional holidays, mileage reimbursement for those employees who use their vehicles for work-related travel, employee referral bonuses, education reimbursement, and free parking.
Haven Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace, and ACHC accredited.
- A competitive compensation program that is market tested bi-annually, which includes excellent shift differentials, premium pay, holiday pay and on-call pay. In addition, there is an annual performance-based merit increase, which over the last five years has averaged more than 3 percent each year.
- An outstanding 401(k) plan with a 100 percent match up to the first three percent and then 50 percent for the next two percent. In addition, there is an annual discretionary target contribution, which over the past two consecutive years has been an additional four percent!
- A generous PTO program that increases with longevity of service. Organizational holidays are in addition to the PTO program and separate hours are accrued in an Extended Illness Bank for serious illness or surgery.
- Excellent shift differentials, premium pay, holiday pay and on-call pay .
- A generous mileage reimbursement program for staff that use their cars for work-related travel.
- A Tuition Reimbursement program of up to $750 each year. In addition, employees who meet the necessary requirements are eligible to receive up to $5250 per year towards work on an undergraduate or graduate degree that is relevant to their position.
- Partial reimbursement for gym or health club membership .
- An employee recognition program with service awards at five-year intervals.
- A comprehensive new employee orientation .
- Health and dental insurance plans for full- and part-time employees.
- Company-Paid life insurance equal to one times the employee’s annual salary.
- Supplemental Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Medical, vision and dependent care reimbursement accounts .
Haven Hospice - 10 months ago