Now do something extraordinary...
You're recognized for your strong volunteer leadership skills that have boosted your organization's success and shareholder satisfaction. But are you satisfied? Imagine using your communication and organization skills to build a better world for children- transforming today's world, where a child dies every seven seconds from causes related to poverty. Now that's doing something extraordinary.
World Vision is seeking an exceptionally bright, organized and self-motivated individual to manage our volunteer program for US programs/ disaster relief warehouse located in the Bronx, NY. This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a team dedicated to making a difference locally with community collaboration and support by recruiting, managing, and planning projects for volunteers. This role requires a strong communicator and great collaborator motivated by delivering excellent results.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Established new recruiting sources through partnerships with community schools, churches, and/ or businesses.
- Managed and coordinated the schedule of volunteers based on project needs providing good communication to those involved.
- Prepared and led a volunteer orientation providing WV education and safety briefing.
- Performed full recruiting activities for volunteers with interviewing, background screening, and monthly reporting of volunteer hours.
- Collaborated with warehouse management and/ or disaster relief team members to plan and strategize for future projects and/ or immediate supply needs.
- Met with volunteer group leader to provide leadership training and supervised volunteer group efforts during the week.
- Interview and recommend qualified volunteers and interns to department managers.
- Conduct orientation and exit interviews as appropriate.
- Plan and coordinate incentives and awards for volunteers.
- Monitor performance of volunteer or intern by frequent interaction with department managers; collaborate with managers to conduct evaluations as appropriate.
Management and Oversight
- Develop and maintain a network of churches, businesses, colleges, and universities as recruitment sources for volunteers; actively promoting World Vision and its volunteer and intern opportunities.
- Develop advertising and professional conference materials.
Documentation and Compliance
- Provides training to volunteers and oversees the work of volunteers and volunteer groups to ensure that they are performing tasks appropriately.
- Ensures volunteers perform work in a safe work environment and in a safe manner.
Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Oversee maintenance of proprietary database to track volunteer and intern usage and hours; provide monthly and year-end statistics as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance and integrity of corporate standards and policies in the use of volunteers and interns.
Perform various projects as directed in support of functional area, ensuring client needs, project goals, timelines, and budget constraints are met.
* Able to communicate well with groups of people up to 50 in number.
* Clear communication and consistent follow up to determine if directions have been followed.
* Strong attention to detail, i.e. accurately maintain records of donations and of volunteers scheduled.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs in a warehouse environment; may require lifting boxes and moving pallets in a warehouse environment.
* Experience recruiting volunteers and interns highly preferred.
* Two year technical or junior college degree or equivalent work experience (four years). Practical, specialized work experience demonstrating the ability to work well with people, manage multiple client needs at a time, and understanding of the interviewing and placement process; 2-3 years.
Note: The duration of the position is currently limited to 12 months. A limited term position may be extended, or in rare situations, convert to a regular status position based on the needs of the business.