Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Director of Volunteers to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The Director of Volunteers will be responsible for all volunteer department activities. Along with coordinating the Volunteer Program, maintain volunteer files. The Director of Volunteer will Design and facilitate volunteer training programs/opportunities.
Evaluates volunteer progress and performance. The Volunteer Director will also be responsible for Recruiting volunteers through a variety of mediums.
1. Receives information on new admissions, assigns volunteers and provides them with the necessary information both verbally and in writing.
2. Maintains regular contact with patient/family support volunteers to:
A. Discusses volunteers' interactions with patients/families.
B. Assesses volunteer's working relationship with other team members.
C. Keeps the volunteers informed of any changes in the patient's condition and plan of care.
D. Encourages timely documentation by volunteers.
E. Offers support to the volunteers.
F. Provides additional information and resources to volunteers as needed.
3. Attends assigned Interdisciplinary Team meetings and participates in the development and review of the Plan of Care for patients/families.
4. Maintains all necessary volunteer records, including up-to-date volunteer lists, availability, volunteer assignments, volunteer time and mileage records, volunteer cost-saving data, and volunteer personnel files.
5. Participates in volunteer recruitment and conducts volunteer screening interviews.
6. Coordinates volunteer training classes and ongoing volunteer education and support meetings.
7. Coordinates the activities of volunteers not involved in direct patient/family services.
8. Creatively develops implements and supervises the volunteer program of the hospice utilizing community and regional resources.
9. Coordinates volunteer recognition activities.
10. Participate in ongoing development of new volunteer programs.
11. Supervises Volunteer Coordinators.
12. Participates on committees and performs related duties and projects as assigned.
1. At least two years' previous experience as a professional or volunteer in a health care, human services or similar agency.
2. Ability to supervise, coordinate and evaluate volunteer services
3. Management or supervisory experience highly preferred.
4. Ability to document using computerized clinical documentation software.
5. Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
6. Excellent human relations skills as demonstrated by previous experience or achievements.
7. Demonstrates commitment to the Seasons Hospice philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organization culture.
8. Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy of hospice care.
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care - 15 months ago
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care....