Plans and coordinates volunteer activities and represents the Food Depository in all volunteer planned activities – coordinating with relevant departments, especially Community & Network Relations, Fund Development, Operations and Communications. Ensures the organization's Core Values and Strategic Plan Objectives are communicated and exhibited.
Assist in recruiting, scheduling, confirming, orienting and retaining volunteers, as well as develop and maintain positive volunteer relationships. Maintain the volunteer calendar to ensure volunteer sessions and projects are scheduled appropriately.
Working with the Volunteer Services Manager, develop programs to increase awareness of and commitment to the volunteer program.
Maintain up-to-date information on the Food Depository web site including Agency and Holiday volunteer needs, as well as current Food Depository volunteer needs and opportunities. Update volunteer opportunities internally and externally, via internal postings and volunteer search websites.
Act as recruiter, organizer and responsible agent for food shows and other special events or programs, as assigned.
Extend volunteerism at the Food Depository to the community, including corporations, civic organizations, churches and schools.
Act as secondary-management of warehouse staff for night and weekend volunteer sessions.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of volunteers, volunteer hours, projects and interests.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in human services or working with volunteers.
- Public speaking and demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to guide large groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Familiarity with Access and database software; Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple groups on projects.
- Must have own vehicle, valid license and insurance.
- Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays if required.
Greater Chicago Food Depository - 15 months ago