Qualcomm is taking its traditional strengths in digital wireless technologies in exciting new fields such as Augmented Reality and Cloud Computing.
The Qualcomm Research Systems Test and Integration team builds and tests prototype systems for new technologies. Team members will interact closely with systems engineers and software developers beginning with concept reviews and following through system implementation, tuning, testing, and demos. Candidates should be flexible in their work assignments as priorities can change quickly in this fast paced environment. Team members can also expect to have some interactions with external customers through trade shows and/or on-site demos.
Prime responsibilities will be system integration and test as well as technology demos. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Candidate must be willing to travel and be able to work well with others in a technical environment.
The System Test Engineer must have an understanding of Augmented Reality and experience with client-server applications and infrastructure.
Candidates must be able to evaluate technologies, systems, and devices through testing, logging and analysis.
Candidate must be able to create testing environments using software and hardware tools.
Candidates must be able to develop test procedures, execute tests, and isolate problems.
Candidates may be called upon to present and talk about prototypes in trade shows and other such venues.
Candidate should have experience working and testing in several of the areas listed below:
- Augmented Reality
- Experience with hands-on laboratory implementation, verification and optimization of Mobile device applications.
- Familiar with mobile device camera pipeline components.
- Familiar with Augmented Reality detection and tracking testing techniques.
- Test experience with AR applications is a plus.
- Cloud Computing
- Experience with hands-on laboratory setup, verification and optimization of client-server applications and infrastructure.
- Experience with IP networking and application layer protocol and performance testing.
- Test experience with multi-nodal server systems and/or cloud computing is a plus.
- 5+ Years of industry experience is required.
Required: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- General wireless networking technologies and products (802.11, 3G cellular, Bluetooth).
- Must be familiar working with and testing applications on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Mobile, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Android.
- Experience in writing tools with Java and/or C++.
Qualcomm - 8 months ago
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services bas...