Fort Rucker, the Home of Army Aviation is situated in the heart of the Wiregrass. We offer something for everyone and our goal is to improve our Soldiers' quality of life during their stay at Fort Rucker. We are proud to serve the needs of the Fort Rucker community. Our staff is committed to providing outstanding customer service because our Soldiers and Community deserve the best.
This announcement will be used to fill positions within the Business Operations Division located at Fort Rucker, AL.
At Mother Ruckers, waiters work in a sports bar with a fun, upbeat atmosphere. Tip Off-set will be set at $3.62/hr.
At The Landing Zone, waiters work in a restaurant with a fun, upbeat atmosphere. Tip Off-set will be set at $3.62/hr.
At The Landing, waiters work during catered events, under the close supervision of the banquet captain, who provides specific instruction for the tasks to be performed. There is no Tip Off-set.
At Rucker Lanes, waiters work in a bowling facility with a fun, upbeat atmosphere. Tip Off-Set will be set at $3.62/hr.
Typical work includes taking care of guests' food and beverage requirements. Maintains sales records through use of point-of-sale, cleans and resets tables as necessary, removes glassware, china and silverware, and cleans assigned areas. Customer and Guest focused.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Email address is required.
- Completion of Team Member Orientation is required
- Completion of a Background Check is required
- Must be of age 19 years or older.
Takes orders placed by guest for alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food items from menus. Required to be fully familiar with all food items available and all beverage items available for guest consumption. Orders drinks from bartender and delivers to guest. Maintains sales record, collects cash or payment by credit card from guest. Clean, reset and arrange tables as required. Remove used glassware, china, and silverware to steward area for cleaning.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - Basic Requirements:
Ability to follow oral and written instructions (In English) and prepare guest checks.
Ability to communicated effectively in English.
Possess basic math skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, division, multiplication or decimals) to compute bills and provide change.
Age is 19 years or older.
Minimum Qualifications - Physical Requirements
Able to lift 40 pounds.
Able to stand for long periods of time.
Possess prior training or work experience as a waiter with banquets or catering, casual dining, restaurant or bar.
*Only applicants that meet the Minimum Qualifications, Physical Requirements and Best Qualified Criteria will be sent on a referral*
Conditions of employment:
1. This is a Flexible position. Flexible employees may work 0 -40 hours per week on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. You must provide proof of citizenship using one of the following: a current Passport, a birth certificate, a Report of Birth Abroad or a Certificate of Naturalization.
7. Available to work day, evening and split-shifts, to include weekday, weekend and holiday hours.
8. Employees are required to attend Team member Orientation within the first 30 days of employment.
9. Email Address is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
*Ability to Interpret Instructions
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
Army Installation Management Command
Fort Rucker, AL
- 30+ days ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...