Relieves the Unit Manager and other nursing personnel of clerical work that should and can be assigned to clerical personnel. This position contributes to comprehensive clinical patient care by providing for accuracy, legibility and completeness in preparing, compiling and maintaining records in the Family Practice.
- Responsible to greet, direct and give information to patients, visitors and other staff as appropriate.
- Responsible for computer appointment system.
- Responsible for answering the telephone, taking messages, referring calls and making calls in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for updating non-medical patient information in the computer.
- Responsible for adequate supply of all forms and non-medical supplies in the area.
- Responsible for receiving supplies according to hospital policy.
- Responsible for accurate and timely transcription of orders.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters pertaining to patients, physicians, staff and hospital.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills.
- Recognizes the importance of safety and functions accordingly.
Requirements (Education, Experience):
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be a High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must have typing and computer skills.
- Must be able to work with the public and promote a positive professional image.
- Must be able to handle complex and changing job conditions.
- Must use discretion and protect confidentiality of the patient.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to hear and follow verbal instructions.
- Current CPR card preferred.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.
****Choctaw CDIB or Choctaw Members Encouraged to Apply***
The Choctaw Nation's Tribal Council is comprised of 12 members who maintain an active interest in every aspect concerning the tribe and its...