You will be responsible for working as a dresser on the wardrobe team, running show tracks and maintaining costumes and accessories in a safe and consistent manner for Mystère.
Specific Job Functions:
- Be available to dress actors for large production show, includes standing for long periods, working in dimly lit spaces, climbing to dressing platforms and retrieving costumes when needed.
- Work with large groups of actors and acrobats in the dark, and at times cramped spaces. A professional people oriented person is required.
- Launder show costumes; including machine washing, hand wash, spot cleaning.
- Use chemicals to clean and correct stains on show costumes, within proper safety standards.
- Perform basic maintenance on stretch as well as natural fiber costumes.
- Participate in helpful, respectful and clear communication with other crew, stage management, and production management.
- Participate on all company required training classes including; OSHA 10, Heart Saver, Lock out/Tag out etc…
- Assist with the Load In, Performance and Load Out of all events inside the Treasure Island Show Room / Mystère Theater.
- Participate in emergency procedure training and practices.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned to you by the Head of Wardrobe.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years experience as a wardrobe attendant within the field of live stage performance.
- Have experience in use of industrial sewing machine, serger and other wardrobe related machinery and hand tools, or, specialized craft skills such as millinery, painting, hairdressing or makeup application.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Hand sewing skill and a sewing, repair and maintenance background necessary.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Should be self motivated, organized and flexible to change and take direction.
Treasure Island Las Vegas - 2 years ago