Job Title: Warehouse Technician
Business Unit: SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
Type of position: Non-exempt
Primary Responsibilities: Works on an automated product packaging line. Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the bagging equipment.
Reporting to: SGS Warehouse Supervisor
Shifts: Rotating days, nights, and every other weekend.
- Machines fill 50 pound bags with plastic pellets, seals the bag, labels the bag, and places the sealed and labeled bags in boxes.
- Safely and efficiently operates the bagging and palletizing equipment.
- Works one or more of four separate packaging stations on the line.
- Bag weights, labels, palletizes, boxes, bag prints, housekeeping, maximizes production rates, and maintains final product quality.
- Provides support to the packaging machines whenever necessary.
- A large part of time is spent sweeping up pellets which fall to the floor as a result of the packaging process.
- Confirms that labels have correct information and that they are positioned in the proper place on the box.
- Responsible for stacking boxes onto pallets which are loaded on trucks via forklift.
- Must eventually be certified to operate a forklift.
- Maintains a safe working environment at all times.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Ability to remain standing for 12 hours. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift grasp, talk, hear and have good vision. Ability to work in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. Must have good communication skills. High school diploma or equivalency.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer