Location: Hibbing, MN
Country: United States
Job Code: 137
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the Company is a major global iron ore producer and a significant producer of high- and low-volatile metallurgical coal. Cliffs’ strategy is to continually achieve greater scale and diversification in the mining industry through a focus on serving the world’s largest and fastest growing steel markets. Driven by the core values of social, environmental and capital stewardship, Cliffs associates across the globe endeavor to provide all stakeholders operating and financial transparency.
The Company is organized through a global commercial group responsible for sales and delivery of Cliffs products and a global operations group responsible for the production of the minerals the Company markets. Cliffs operates iron ore and coal mines in North America and two iron ore mining complexes in Western Australia. In addition, Cliffs has a major chromite project, in the feasibility stage of development, located in Ontario, Canada.
To perform all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting on any type of metal using gas and electric welding equipment.
Welding degree/ Trade Apprenticeship is required plus 2 years or more of experience in heavy or industrial maintenance.
- Receives instructions, prints and work orders for job.
- Interprets drawings and sketches, plans details of working procedure and tools and materials requirements.
- Selects materials in accordance with suitability for job.
- Lays out work, makes sketches and determines stock sizes as required.
- Sets up, assembles and constructs special fixtures as needed.
- Performs gas and electric welding in all positions (down-hand vertical, overhand, etc.)
- Makes any type and size weld, such as “V” lap, butt, etc., preheating parts when required.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Clean, grinds and flame anneals parts and welded joints as required.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Performs brazing as required. May perform thermal welding as directed.
- Makes provisions for handling materials and equipment to and from job site as required in connection with work.
- Works in shop, field or underground as required.
- Performs work requiring knowledge of the welding properties of various types of metals, welding rods, welding heats, stress relief, allowances for fit-up and machining, and the effect of shrinkage, warpage and expansion.
- Cleans and maintains working area in an orderly condition.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the operations
- Must be a leader who is self-motivated, a team player and results driven
Hibbing Taconite Company (HTC) is located in the center of Minnesota’s Mesabi Iron Range near the cities of Hibbing and Chisholm.
A world class iron ore producer, HTC is ISO 9001 certified and employs 700 people.
HTC is owned by Mittal Steel (62.3%), U.S. Steel (14.7%) and Cliffs Mining Company (23%). Cliffs Mining Company is also the managing agent. Plant capacity is rated at 8.0 million tons of iron ore pellets annually.
The HTC processing complex features nine 36-ft diameter autogenous grinding mills, two stages of magnetic separation, four balling drums per indurating line and three traveling grate pelletizing machines. HTC began pellet production during the third quarter of 1976 and made its initial shipment to the port of Superior, WI in January of 1977.
Cliffs Natural Resources - 20 months ago
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the Company is a...