Job Title: Windows System Administrator
Patuxent River, MD
: Full time, plus periodic scheduled on-call and overtime
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for building, configuring, and troubleshooting systems in a windows and virtual environment for the Data Center Operations Team in a Federal
Navy IT Data Center.
This individual must work in accordance with NAVAIR and DISA policy, and industry best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Installing, configuring, and managing the Windows Server operating systems and related tool sets supporting NAVAIR Data Center. This includes gathering requirements, developing and conducting design reviews, along with "as approved" implementations within the mainstream corporate infrastructure.
- Keeping servers "compliant" per NAVAIR and DISA policies to include backup and disaster recovery requirements, anti-virus protection, and implementing system security.
- Maintaining the information on the Knowledge Base site.
- Producing documentation that details and describes the systems, procedures, events, and any associated processes.
- Building new infrastructure servers.
- Maintaining, tuning, and patching systems for optimum performance and security.
- Migrating or upgrading systems, where applicable.
- Using the HEAT helpdesk tool for planned system outages or changes.
- Responding to system failures promptly to bring applications back online.
- Maintaining the operational status of servers and providing print support.
- Participating in monthly routine maintenance tasks.
US CITIZENSHIP is REQUIRED for position in support of the US Navy. DOD Secret Clearance is REQUIRED.
- A Bachelor's Degree and 4 years' experience in the IT field or a HS diploma and 8 years of experience
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Server to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as addressing, service requests, routine sever maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.), and server consolidation
- Participation in the development, implementation, and adherence to Technical Services documentation, system standards, policies and procedures
- Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems Security Compliance
- Ability to work independently, on a virtual team, and the ability to lead others
- Knowledgeable of hardware and software troubleshooting methods
- Security + certification within 180 days.
Zenetex LLC - 2 years ago