Parsons offers the stability and recognition of an industry leader coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental,
healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. We are hiring colleagues with a "can do" mindset. If you thrive in a high energy environment and on professional challenges, let's get started! Parsons delivers safer, healthier and more sustainable communities.
PARSONS is consistently ranked in the top ten firms in engineering, construction and program management in every market we serve. Our team includes highly motivated, energetic and creative people working together to design and build some of the most important capital infrastructure projects throughout the United States and around the world.
NEED: Parsons is seeking experienced Wireless Project Manager in San Francisco. This position will involve oversight of subcontractors through design, build and testing of a 200 MHz band wireless communications radio (cellular architecture) and 802.11 WLAN network to support Positive Train Control systems on rail lines in San Francisco and neighboring
· Manages all in market job activities for a medium-sized wireless site development or equipment project, or a subtask of a larger project, in accordance with the project schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project/client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary
point of contact with the market client for all activities.
· Establishes project schedule and budget for all on-site activities, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements.
· Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
· Determines number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks. Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and makes staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
· Establishes objectives and conducts performance appraisals for direct reports that may include the following: RF Manager, Site Acquisition Manager, Logistics Manager, Construction Manager, Equipment Install & Test Lead.
· Establishes a project safety plan with oversight of Safety Manager and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site. Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices.
· Posts all required legal notices at the job site.
· Establishes a project quality plan with oversight of Quality Manager and ensures that it is communicated to all
employees on the job site. Actively promotes and supports quality policies and monitors the job site for quality practices
· Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others.
· Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of project progress and pending issues to Program Manager.
· Submits periodic reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations.
· Under general direction of the Program Manager, prices and negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors. Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation activities. Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
· Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and Program Manager to identify and implement corrective actions.
· Keeps client and Program Manager informed of the day-to-day activities of the project.
· Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
· 4-year degree in a technical or construction-related field (or equivalent) is preferred and at least 12 years' related
· 5 years minimum experience managerial/leadership role involved with wireless site development activities inclusive
of RF design, site selection, site leasing, site zoning/permitting, site construction, radio system installation/integration.
· Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a
thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments.
· Enrollment in PM certification program is preferred, but not required.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people
use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
Candidates are encouraged to apply at
. We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering and construction firm with revenues of $2.9 billion in 2009, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver landmark designbuild projects to private industrial customers worldwide as well as federal, regional, and local government agencies.
Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets such as communications, education, energy, environmental, facilities, federal government, healthcare, infrastructure, life sciences, transportation, vehicle inspection, and water/wastewater. Currently, more than 12,000 Parsons' employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 25 countries.
These dedicated workers speak 115 languages collectively, and hold more than 5,700 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, & management services firm. Parsons is a leader in many diversified...