LOCATION OF POSITION
Holly Center, Salisbury, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The primary purpose of this position is to provide pre-vocational and vocational training services to individuals with developmental disabilities. This position also provides guidance in providing training services to staff and volunteers assigned to the program. Job duties include: Following individuals prescribed habilitation program to meet the plan of care designed for them; providing training that develops work skills to meet the plan of care; implementing and monitoring therapeutic activities; and, preparing individuals for meals and assisting to feed those unable to feed themselves to ensure nutritional status. This position is listed as essential staff and is subject to "call-in", overtime and may be required to work weekends and holidays.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Completion of 60 credits from an accredited college or university with at least 15 credits in health services, human services, education or the behavioral sciences.
Experience: Two years of experience providing work placement, work training, and work adjustment services to mentally ill patients or developmentally disabled clients in a pre-vocational development program.
1. Applicants may substitute two additional years of experience as defined above for the required college credits.
2. Applicants may substitute a bachelor’s degree in vocational counseling or closely related field for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vehicles which require a Class C motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland. The appropriate motor vehicle operator’s license will be required.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in and, therefore, may be required to provide the facility with a phone number where they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period. For Recorded Job Information Call: 410-767-6018.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
State of Maryland - 21 months ago