HELP US OBSOLETE THE LIGHTBULB!!!
Are you someone who thrives on coming up with dynamic solutions that help a company grow? Do you want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the lighting industry? Would you like to help enable a green technology that could help solve some of the world’s energy problems? If so, Cree could be the place for you. We are a fast-growing semiconductor company that is leading the LED lighting revolution and setting the stage to obsolete the incandescent light bulb through the use of energy-efficient, environmentally friendly LED lighting.
We are headquartered in Raleigh/Durham, NC; an area consistently ranked in the Top 10 Places to Live by Money Magazine and is also home to the Research Triangle Park (RTP). Raleigh was also included in Kiplinger’s Top 10 Best Cities for 2009. The RTP area was recently voted the #1 high-tech region in the country by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group and was also recognized as the #1 Best City for Jobs by Forbes magazine. RTP is home to a broad spectrum of companies -- from Fortune 100 multinational research and development operations, to university spin-outs and start-up operations. Cree’s facilities in the area are home to approximately 1600 full-time employees devoted to R&D, manufacturing, sales & marketing and other professional support roles.
Cree boasts a casual work environment, where jeans and shorts are a typical sight every day, not just on Friday. We also have an onsite fitness facility; complete with indoor track, basketball court, 3 racquet ball courts, aerobics room, free weights, machine weights and cardio machines. This facility is 100% free to our employees and their spouses, and is open Monday through Saturday. Our benefits include a quarterly bonus program, stock options, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, and medical/vision/dental coverage.
We currently have an opening for you as a Wafer Fab Photolithography Process Technician within our LED Chips group. You will be stationed at our headquarters in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
Summary: The candidate chosen for this position will be a key member of Cree's LED fab sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
Successful candidates for this job should be:
- Sustain and improve photolithography processes for LED device fabrication.
- Set up and complete designed experiments.
- Perform data collection and analysis
- Initiate inspections and dispositions of manufactured products
- Perform characterization of manufactured products
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately to engineering team and management
- Interface with equipment, management and operations teams to improve cycle time, tool
availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Maintain operating specifications for production processes and equipment.
- Work as an engineering team member to drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Shift: 7pm-7am 12-hour nights (Back end Nights: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and alternating Saturdays OR Front End Nights: Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and alternating Saturdays) plus overtime.
- Willing to learn non-routine tasks
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Able to coordinate several tasks in multiple areas
- Able to stay focused on work without distraction
- Self-motivated to complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Able to document work using existing databases or spreadsheets
- A team player who is willing to work hard and carefully
- Able to be on their feet to assist the manufacturing line for the duration of a workday
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Science OR at least 2 years of semiconductor clean room experience
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Must have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice
- Must have computer skills – able to navigate through directories/folders and use MS Office applications
- Good manual dexterity for handling expensive production wafers
- Able to perform microscope inspections for extended periods
- Able to work in clean room for extended periods
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team of technicians
- Motivated and willing to work hard to help company succeed
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
If you have read this far and are now excited about the possible opportunity that lay ahead at a dynamic company then we invite you to apply online now. A recruiter associated with the position will review your resume in detail and contact you directly to discuss the potential match. Cree’s application process takes only a short time and could lead to long time of professional and career fulfillment!
- BS degree in a relevant Engineering or Science Degree
- 3+ years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably semiconductor
- Working understanding of photolithography processes and their impact on downstream processes.
- Specific experience with wafer patterning including coat, expose, and develop modules. Contact lithography experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to assume an advanced role (engineering or supervisor) role within the organization
Cree is the lighting the LED Lighting Revolution, we hope that you will consider being a part of the revolution as well.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
CREE - 2 years ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...