Requisition ID: 50578
Location: Frederick, MD
Posting Close Date: 09/30/2012
L OCATION: NATIONAL – SINGLE
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER I
Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project. Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design requirements.
On a large project, independently performs assigned activities in one discipline, interfacing with other disciplines in all areas of the jobsite.
On a small to medium-sized project, functions as a lead discipline engineer, coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.
Position Duties/Responsibilities (This section describes in more detail the functions of this specific position. Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
Assignment: This position is for nuclear work in the Southeast Region of the United States.
The candidate will be performing walkdowns of a nuclear facility. Responsible for walkdown related activities. Candidate will collect data to be used in evaluation of systems and components. The essential duties will include evaluation, documentation of existing facility with respect to providing input to complete the engineering of unit in compliance with the latest industry and regulatory standards. Completed tasks will require minimal corrections after checking and meeting all project quality standards. In addition, successful candidate must have significant knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline. Develop work plans, coordinate with Engineering Group, and resolve installation issues. Perform inspections and documentation of all work in progress. Provide technical assistance to the General Foreman and craft. Responsible for implementation of Safety Program, corporate policies, procedures and instructions within assigned area. Total dedication to Zero Accident Philosophy is required. This includes the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, I&C, Mechanical and Plant Design. Candidate must be in good physical condition to be able to perform walkdowns in the plant.
Basic Qualifications: (Must meet basic qualifications to be considered)
- BS degree in Construction Management or Enginee ring
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Construction/Engineering experience (combination of education and/or experience)
- Previous experience conducting Walkdowns
- Quality construction procedures and standards
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, Adobe and database applications
- Must have the right to work and remain in the United States.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted site access
- Must have a valid U.S. Drivers License
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, climbing in very small or confined spaces, completing harness training, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Physical requirement is part of employment conditions
Knowledge of BSL, EDMS and Maximo systems (TVA Systems)
Previous Nuclear experience preferred
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 8 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on com...