Provides indirect patient care in the Emergency Department. Meets communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff and medical staff. Implements directions from physician and nursing staff.
- Enters and verifies physician’s orders in the computer system. Documents the time orders were placed in the computer on Emergency Department Record.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Charge Nurse, co-workers and providers.
- Retrieves all laboratory results from the computer and presents to the Charge Nurse and nursing staff.
- Interacts professionally with patients/families and provides information appropriate to patient’s case.
- Maintains good working relationships within department and interdepartmental disciplines.
- Answers telephone and intercom in professional courteous manner while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, Nursing and Hospital standards, including infection control, safety regulations and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements (Education, Experience):
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have basic computer/typing skills.
- Must have knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Acute Care setting experience preferred.
**** CDIB Cardholders Encouraged to Apply****
Choctaw Nation - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard