Thin veteran medical records - send to HIMS department.
2. Take MD orders off to be verified by charge R.N.
3. Retrieve medical records upon request.
4. Identify incomplete/inaccurate documentation and report to individuals responsible for completion/accuracy.
5. Assemble admission packets.
6. Process records when a veteran is admitted to LTC or 3N, checking for completeness of all forms.
7. Audit transfer/discharge information to assure accuracy and completeness.
8. Answer telephone and route calls.
9. Keep forms current labeled and filed to standardized format on all centers.
10. Order desk and storeroom supplies.
11. Complete ancillary requisitions and lab slips.
12. Complete annual inventory.
13. Chart monthly vital signs.
14. Separate and file MAR, Treatment sheets, and flow records.
15. Check and replace veteran ID bands.
16. Assist nursing staff as needed.
17. Perform tasks related to nursing office administrative assistant.
Qualifications:Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
II. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
IV. A diploma for completion of a two-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for the required experience.*
Special Requirements: None
- Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
This is a Civil Service position.
Filling 2 part time positions each 18.75 hrs. per week.
1st and 2nd shifts - Monday thru Friday
Hrs for each position:
4:00pm-7:45pm or 5:00pm-8:45pm
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit