The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ward Clerk at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Performs a variety of clerical support
functions/processes for an office or unit. This is the entry/training level of
the Clerical job series. Incumbents at this level may require addition training
or experience to gain full proficiency in some or all of the job
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
1. May receive, screen
and direct telephone and/or radio communications, and greet or assist internal
or external customers
Completes assignments within established timeframes and according to
2. Operates a multi-line switchboard according established procedures.
3. Receives visitors and determines the nature of their business according to
4. Enters data into client information system according to established
5. Copies and distributes documents as appropriate.
2. Opens, sorts and routes incoming mail, answer
correspondence, and prepares outgoing mail
Responds to routine questions, requests or needs.
2. Directs clients to appropriate personnel for assistance.
3. Communicates accurate information to representatives in a courteous and
4. Obtains and provides information and assistance in a timely manner.
5. Communicates messages and information clearly and accurately according to
3. Operates office equipment and maintains supplies for
Enters data according to prescribed format and procedures.
2. Reviews and corrects data that appears inconsistent or erroneous.
3. Maintains activity logs according to program/operation procedures.
4. Proofreads or verifies existing documents, reports,
mathematical figures, budget numbers, or copy to ensure accuracy
Retrieves and distributes incoming mail according to office procedures.
2. Prepares and sends outgoing documents and other materials according to
3. Prepares and sends faxes, e-mail, and other communication according to
5. Provides clerical support within assigned functional
area (ie processing/transactions, review of applications, scheduling training,
scheduling facilities maintenance, reconciling financial records,
assessing/collecting fees for a program, generating rep
Maintains organized, accessible and current systems according to office
2. Classifies, sorts, files, transfers and/or retrieves documents according to
3. Maintains confidentiality of records; releases information according to
4. Purges documents as directed.
5. Enters data into client information systems according to operation
6. Provides general clerical support to an office, to
include such tasks as data entry/maintenance, copying/distributing documents
and materials, maintaining record-keeping and filing systems, etc
Reviews materials for completeness and legibility prior to distribution.
2. Prepares and distributes materials according to office procedures.
3. Maintains photocopy machine by clearing paper jams, replacing toner
cartridges, and calling for repair when appropriate.
7. Attends seminars, conferences, job-related training and
other staff development training programs. Serves on committees and task forces
as required. (Performed by all incumbents)
Attends department and division staff development and training activities to
maintain the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job effectively and
2. Serves on various committees and task forces carrying out the
responsibilities associated with such assignments.
Shift: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
High school diploma or
Preference will be given
to candidates that have previous clerical experience preferably in the medical field.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk . The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center , the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.