Full Time (40 hour work week)
Work occasional weekends
RN or LPN licensure; a minimum of one year experience acting as a Ward Clerk working in long-term healthcare is preferred. Must be proficient in computer skills, typing, data entry, filing and telephone skills. General knowledge of State/Federal Regulations for Long-Term Care.
Job Duties: (Job duties to include but not limited to the following)
• Communication Management: Properly handles phone messages and performs general clerical functions including ordering supplies, filing and computer entry; transcribes, copies and faxes physicians orders under direction of professional nursing staff. Assists the nursing department with paperwork and telephone calls associated with admissions, transfers or discharges. Completes special projects as assigned.
• Lab: Responsible for notifying physicians of all labs, tracking and ordering monthly labs, Coumadin and managing Coumadin log.
• Call Lights: Ability to monitor all call lights, wander guards and alarms and follow up. Print call light logs for care conferences, daily call light log for tracking.
• Scheduling: Ability to work with transportation in scheduling and track all appointments per State and Federal guidelines. Must be able to complete history and physical forms prior to scheduling new service provider appointments, set up resident folders for resident appointments, notify physicians to see residents, notify residents of appointments.
• Clinics: Must be able to send and receive consent forms to POA for residents for each clinic. Manage clinics by scheduling room, set-up room, assist residents to clinics and tear down room for each clinic. Must be able to coordinate with the business office, notify of services provided to residents, notify families of services provided to residents, document services provided, follow up on progress notes of clinic from providers, assist in searches for missing resident equipment (dentures, glasses, hearing aids, etc)
• Physicians: Must be able to work with the physicians by providing information on residents, note orders and write orders per the physician. Must be able to notify other departments of changes as needed on residents.
• Drugs: Must log all drugs to be returned or destroyed including narcotics, able to work with pharmacy in ordering and destroying drugs and Med D alerts. Must be able to track all temperatures on refrigerators.
• Resident Care: Accommodates residents’ needs through responding to residents’ verbal/nonverbal expressions of needs. Assures residents’ spiritual needs are met by willing employees.
• Resident Rights: Safeguards resident’s property. Maintains residents’ self-esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information. Keeps residents’ living areas pleasant and orderly.
• Communication: Observes and reports residents’ conditions to appropriate staff. Records and maintains records of meetings/ transactions. Uses the EMR accuately.
*If you need assistance to complete this application or during the interview process such as sign language interpreters, readers or other accommodations, please contact the person listed.
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society - 13 months ago
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (TELGSS) strives to be a good neighbor to all, particularly to the elderly people in need of...