This position is responsible for monitoring work flow throughout the Receiving and Warehouse departments. This position will also assist supervisor in task management and data capture.
Assist in supervision of core and seasonal Warehouse and Receiving staff in a lead capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors the flow of materials into the building through Receiving on a daily basis. Will be responsible for Receiving procedures; including logging receipts, performing all data entry functions, distribution of all incoming shipments appropriately, and interdepartmental communication regarding all delivery schedule information; in a back-up capacity.
• Responsible for assisting in loading and unloading of internal and external pickups and deliveries. Directs core and seasonal staff as needed in this capacity.
• Responsible for making sure daily deliveries are processed according to receiving standards. Ensures all deliveries are labeled and put to stock in a timely manner.
• Facilitates processing of all Company returns with proper paperwork and distribution.
• Ensures warehouse is kept clean and well organized while maintaining security to all materials.
• Monitors all transfer requests to ensure they are processed and delivered according to the established standard.
• Will assist in space planning.
• Assists with cycle counts and zone shifts to help ensure they are completed accurately and in the appropriate time frame.
• Monitors work flow to ensure meeting delivery schedules and receiving truck deliveries.
• Acts as back-up driver as necessary.
• Assists with development of departmental metrics to establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators.
• Responsible for SOS participation as required during Peaks.
• Adheres to VTB inventory policies.
• Assists with adherence to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
• Responsible for writing Peer Reviews and Management Assessments as requested.
• One or two years general warehouse experience
• Strong math and basic computer skills
• Strong data entry skills
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required
• Strong leadership and communication ability
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly and overhead.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach repeatedly
• Must be able to walk long distances or stand for long periods of time on a concrete floor
• Minimum of a high school graduation certificate or equivalent.
• Prior experience with various labor oriented positions - fork lift training also helpful.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Co., Inc. (VTBC) is a direct marketer in the gift delivery industry. The Company's product lines are BearGram gifts,...