Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Materials Assistant to join our team based in San Francisco,CA. Reporting to the Customer Service Sr. Manager. The position is responsible for inventory levels in the unit, communicating inventories to the customers, ordering customers' equipment as may be necessary, and coordinating all deliveries to ensure on time delivery for daily needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate inventory
- Responsible for reporting inventories per customer specifications
- Responsible for meeting customer deadlines for inventory/shipping reporting
- Responsible for checking the completeness and accuracy of job performance
- Acts as the point of contact with production for the Buyer relaying issues and suggestions for resolution
- Maintains equipment area according to unit policies
- Responsible for locking dock doors when not in use
- Ensures all security procedures are enforced
- Ensures that all products are properly stored before the end of the shift
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit
- Prepares administrative reports as required
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer specifications
- High School graduate or equivalent ; some college preferred
- 1 year warehouse experience, scheduling and financial acumen
- In-flight catering experience is highly desired, or experience in a high-volume food
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks without losing priority
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but not required
- Candidate should be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to
drive positive program change
- Experience with menu design a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent time management skills required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills required
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to
further improve the work environment and unit performance
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
- Normal office environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 2 years ago
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...