Under general supervision of the District Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse Assistant is responsible for activities relating to the procurement of goods, materials, supplies and equipment. This position will keep records associated with the movement of goods, materials, supplies and equipment into and out of the Warehouse. This position will use a forklift and other equipment provided to lift, move and deliver goods, materials, supplies and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes requisitions, purchase orders, bids, proposals and quotations.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming shipped items.
- Unloads and unpacks incoming good, materials, supplies and equipment.
- Loads and unloads materials on to or off of pallets, skids or lifting device.
- Receives shipments, inspect for proper quantity and quality, and distributes materials directly to requisitioners, or stores in inventory at proper locations within the warehouse.
- Drives industrial lifting devices to push, pull, lift, stack or move products,equipment or materials in the warehouse.
- May contact vendors for prices, product information, new products, and standards.
- Follows up on process and tracking of purchased items and transactions.
- May enter purchase orders in computer system; follows-up purchase orders to ensure receipt of proper quality and quantity on specified dates; investigates and resolves problems regarding shipmenet discrepancies.
- Ensures proper documentation is on file (e.g., insurance certificates, contractor’s license, building permit)prior to purchase order delivery.
- Maintains inventory control of warehouse items and equipment.
- Prepares requisitions for restocking and replacement of warehouse items.
- Receives and verifies all purchase orders and issues requisitioned items from inventory.
- Maintains records and files in support of purchasing function and duties.
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse experience.
- 1+ years experience driving a forklift.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) are required