The objective of this position is to provide assistance in all areas of the warehouse.
Customer service on our distribution dock of pulling and verifying agency orders, and supervise loading of agency vehicles
Receives donations and keeps accurate log entries of all donations
Follows procedures pertaining to proper handling of work ticket/inventory documentation
Maintain the warehouse is a neat and orderly state
Maintain the freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products
Assists route drivers by assessing the condition of donations they pick up, placing acceptable products in proper storage, and immediately discarding all unacceptable product
Operates warehouse equipment in a safe manner
Helps conduct periodic physical inventories, as directed
Complies with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling
Performs additional duties as assigned by the Operations Management Team
Aligns work duties with CAFB Mission and Vision
Perform other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills
Education, Experience, and Training
1. Experience in warehousing and demonstrated ability to operate all warehouse equipment.
2. Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds.
3. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
4. Ability to represent the Food Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and store employees.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
2. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
3. Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
4. Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
5. Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job