FTS USA is seeking an experienced Warehouse Assistant. The Warehouse Assistant will assist in warehouse duties by preparing project materials before operating a delivery box truck to fulfill orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but may not be limited to:
- Reads and assembles work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Prepares and fulfils purchase orders and miscellaneous pending orders
- Reads and understands blue prints and design prints
- Utilizes knowledge of basic building practices on a daily basis
- Operates and drives delivery box truck while following GPS directions
- Communicates with building owners, management and customers
- Interfaces with cable inspectors
- Opens boxes, crates, and other containers
- Uses computer to enter records
- Adheres to safety policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and lift over 60 lbs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift over 60 lbs
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add/subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's using units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Forklift certification preferred, but not required
The noise level is usually moderate.
FTS USA is a dynamic and growing company that provides cable installation and services to major cable companies throughout the U.S. With a well capitalized and nationwide presence, FTS USA offers flexible staff deployment cross-country and unsurpassed quality control standards.
FTS USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.