Under the direction of supervisor, responsible for coordinating the activities of warehouse persons responsible for receiving, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts in stockroom, warehouse and yard. Responsible for the issuance, check-in, reconciliation, and integrity of customer set-top terminals and other equipment.
- Plans outlay of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored. Lifts and carries loads of up to 70lbs.
- Maintains all inventory in a secure and orderly manner with appropriate controls as outlined in the Company’s inventory control guidelines.
- Enters into the computerized equipment tracking system the various status moves involved in properly issuing and checking in equipment.
- Receives, from the computerized equipment tracking system, reports and printouts involving the movement of equipment through its various stages of the equipment’s life cycle.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established Company procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reason for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial action to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains file for converter control purposes and inventory reports
- Receives, verifies, reconciles, and places stocking location new, repaired, and used equipment from vendors/suppliers, Mediacom warehouses, field personnel, repair facilities, and other sources as required.
- Gathers issuance information from various sources such a routing and dispatch, prepares issuance through established procedures, then issues customer set-top equipment to the different levels of field personnel for the next days work, on a daily basis.
- Hook up Pay-Per-View set-top terminals to in-house CATV system for polling information for customer’s accounts immediately upon arrival of set-top terminals in the Equipment Control Area.
- Prepares equipment for shipment to repair facility for modifications and repairs.
- Performs physical equipment inventories on a regular basis.
- Through cross training by the Equipment Control Supervisor, gains the necessary skills to prepare, issue, and check-on equipment to and from field personnel and/or supplier/repair facilities.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some technical and general business training.
- Knowledge of warehouse activities and the flow of work. (Minimum of 2yrs.+ experience)
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish duties without close supervision.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and its implications in the implementation of job responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and implement a simple record-keeping procedure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully, yet convincingly, with other employees.
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in each area of the warehouse.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.