Warehouse Assistant |
Distribution / Warehouse
2964 - Cincinnati Whse
Provides a variety of general warehousing administrative support to distribution center operations and transportation functions. Exercises limited discretion and independent judgment to respond appropriately to administrative needs.
- High School Diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year general clerical/office experience preferred, Wholesale experience preferred.
- Basic office and computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Maintains records, receives, prepares or verifies documents, searching for and compiling information and data; responding to routine request with answers by phone, in person, or by correspondence.
- Performs daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties, following organization and department procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Run and distribute department reports and correspondence for warehouses and transportation.
- Ensures distribution forms, requisitions, purchase orders forms and packaging slips are completed accurately.
- May assist with one or all of the following: verifies receipts against purchase orders, processes customer returns on a daily basis, assist with packing and pick slips, maintain inbound receiving records and assist with log tracking.
- Performs a variety of order fulfillment and warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, stocking, storing, and inventory of materials. Assist the Inventory Control staff with receiving corrections.
Good organizational skills, ability to multi task, sense of urgency and professionalism. Good written and verbal communication. Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Must be able to work in a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Nash Finch Company - 17 months ago