ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Loads and unloads product from trucks or containers in an efficient and safe manner.
• Breaks down and separates incoming shipments.
• Moves products to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Operates materials handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
• Able to operate necessary technology to include scanner, computers, etc. as required.
• Picks orders for shipment and assembles various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Counts or verifies freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
• Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
• Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
• All other duties as assigned by management
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking for shipment as needed.
2. Performs additional duties as directed.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Required power industrial equipment scanner, computers or
other technology needed to perform the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand sometimes in excess of 7 hours and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical operating parts.
A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally) and noise level can be moderate to high.
Please enter Posting Job Requirements for Internal and External Candidates
Legacy Supply Chain Company - 30+ days ago
LEGACY Supply Chain Services delivers where others fall short. Why? Because we help your business build a leadership culture, from the insid...