LEGACY Supply Chain Services, a leading distribution, technology, and integrated logistics provider has been recognized by Inbound Logistics as a Top 100 3PL Provider and by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
We are currently seeking warehouse associates for our facility in Olive Branch, MS. These positions will be responsible for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of products. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY’s standards for safety, quality and productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Loads and unloads product from trucks or containers in an efficient and safe manner
• Breaks down and separates incoming shipments
• Moves products to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the appropriate area
• Operates materials handling equipment safely and efficiently as required
• Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
• Picks orders for shipment and assembles various types of merchandise to be shipped
• Counts or verifies freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation
• Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area
• May perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking for shipment as needed
• Abides all LEGACY’s safety practices
• Performs additional duties as directed
*** All duties and responsibilities are expected to be carried out in a manner consistent with company Core Values (LEGACY initiative) - Financial Stability, Customer Focus, Being the Best, Servant Leadership, Integrity, and Making a Difference.***
• Knowledge of shipping and receiving in a distribution setting
• Ability to work in a team environment
• WMS experience preferred
• Fork lift experience a plus
• Must be computer literate
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Electric and hand jacks, forklift, CRT, scanner, reach machine, and manuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures may be hot or cold and noise levels can be moderate to high.
All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a background investigation and drug screening.
Legacy Supply Chain Company - 14 months ago