PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), is a leading global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia as well as joint ventures in North America and South America. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has more than 4,000 employees worldwide located in more than 40 manufacturing and warehouse facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visit www.polyone.com
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Warehouse Operator is responsible for a variety of warehouse duties including packing, pulling/checking customer orders, replenishment, shipping and receiving materials, and material handling; completing all required paperwork in accordance to Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Unloads goods and material received, enters appropriate information into system, labels and locates material. - Obtains process order(s) and ensures that Production Operators have necessary raw materials from storage area.|
- Assists Production Operators with general duties such as skidding-up materials and labeling as needed.
- Cleans tanks, and assigned totes to ensure they are ready for production. Replaces tote liners when necessary.
- Separates customer orders. Pulls and stages orders. Repacks material if required to meet customer specifications. As required, makes boxes, packs, labels and locates materials.
- Ensures all products are properly labeled, and packaged. Coordinates the shipment and shipping paperwork of materials per CSR/Scheduler's instructions. (Mode of shipment could include UPS, OTR carriers, dedicated carriers, international or bulk carriers.)
- May perform functions/transactions in designated system to receive or ship material.
- Participates in cycle counting. Enters and verifies information. Researches and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews Preventative Maintenance check sheets for forklifts. Ensures good working order of machines.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- May be required to handle the accumulation, disposal and transportation of hazardous waste. If required to do so, must participate in pre-requisite training in order to meet RCRA waste management requirements.
- Drives forklifts, locomotives, track mobiles or other heavy duty material movers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires High School diploma or GED equivalency
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
- Must have mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Must have ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, spatula, barrel cart, hand trucks, fork lift, utility knife, and mixer/blender machinery and computer equipment.
Core competencies for this position include: Safety/Housekeeping, Quality/Quantity of work, Position/Work knowledge, Initiative, Reliability, Adaptability, Attitude/Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Attendance and Continuous Improvement and Process Focus PHYSICAL DEMANDS: - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear. - Occasionally required to sit. - The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally handle up to 250 pounds. - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 1-2 years of related materials experience preferred. Required Certification, Licenses, and Registration: - Must maintain Company approved Fork Lift Operator's Licenses. This may include one or more different types of forklifts.
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply to http://careers.polyone.com
PolyOne Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
PolyOne Corporation - 2 years ago