Reports to Supervisor, Warehouse Coordinator, Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, or
Relocation Offered? No
To operate forklifts safely and efficiently; handle all production and raw materials properly and orderly; maintain warehouse area with orderly stacking and good housekeeping; load and unload truck/trailers safely and using proper procedures; maintain access to dock doors both inside and outside the facility; and prepare all warehouse-related documents as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Operate forklifts in a safe manner.
• Wear seat belts during forklift operation at all times.
• Ensure Forklift is maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition. (Daily/Weekly Inspections)
• Remove product from production area.
• Ensure all units are stacked at proper height and in orderly manner in Warehouse.
• Bring raw materials to the production floor.
• Weigh, identify (mark) and stage waste raw materials.
• Sweep and maintain Warehouse in an orderly fashion.
• Maintain access to dock doors. (Snow removal, debris removal, etc.)
• Prepare Warehouse reports, review Bills of Lading, work orders, etc., as necessary.
• Load and unload truck/trailers.
• Ensure proper procedures for loading/unloading trailer is being followed.
• Assist co-workers where needed.
• Assist with documenting daily and monthly Inventories.
• Complete Quality Control Orientation program.
• Complete Warehouse Inventory Procedure training on the in-house computer inventory systems.
• Assist in the training of new employees in the Quality Control Orientation Program as needed.
• Assist in the training of new employees on the in-house computer inventory systems as needed.
• Perform assigned tasks as instructed by supervisors.
• Complete or have completed the OSHA Forklift Certification program within 90 days of employment to earn an OSHA Forklift Certification/License .
• Responsible for active participation on plant teams and activities including safety, quality, sustainability, community involvement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming and continuous improvement which are required to create and maintain a World Class environment.
• Responsible for their personal development by requesting regular meetings with their managers, requesting additional training, requesting involvement beyond their immediate job responsibilities, seeking higher education opportunities including continuing education classes and establishing self development and performance goals with their managers.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
Our Warehouse Associate should possess a sense of urgency, accountability, and be able to work with limited supervision. He/she must be able to read, write and understand English
Our Warehouse Associate must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent. One year of forklift experience is preferred.
• Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
• Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
• Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
• Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
• Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
Environmental Working Conditions:
• The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• The worker may be subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 for periods of more than one hour.
• The worker is subject to noise.
• The worker is subject to vibrations. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
• The worker is subject to being exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, chemicals, etc.
• The worker may be subject to atmospheric conditions, i.e. fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
• The worker is subject to oils. Air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed