Travers Tool Company, Inc., established in 1924, is a preferred catalog distributor to the metalworking and industrial markets worldwide. Travers, the on-time tool distributor, is located in Duncan, South Carolina.
We are seeking a top notch Warehouse Associate that will be responsible for varied warehouse duties, including but not limited to:
Other Warehouse responsibilities
- Picking, packing, shipping, receiving, inventory and replenishment.
- Picking Merchandise to fulfill customer orders
- Efficiently and effectively select stock for customer orders.
- Verify that you have picked the correct items by matching the items picked to the items ordered.
- Communicate with other areas of the warehouse to obtain the necessary information required for order fulfillment.
- Notify appropriate personnel when bin locations are getting low on inventory and back fill inventory needs to be placed in the bin.
- Packing merchandise for shipment
- Efficiently and effectively pack merchandise in order to ensure delivery of product – Undamaged and visually pleasing (image of merchandise within Travers image requirements) to customer
- Ensure that hazardous materials are packed properly and follow all laws for shipment of hazardous materials
- Ensure that all shipments will meet / exceed import regulations where applicable
- Wrap / Rubber band like items together
- Identify new, innovative ways of packaging orders which can save time, money, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs
- Receive merchandise into the warehouse
- Verify that the merchandise received is the same as the merchandise ordered.
- Inspects the merchandise to ensure that the goods are free from damage.
- Verify that the quantity of the merchandise received is identical to the quantity of merchandise shipped and ordered
- Labels items when necessary
- Put items into bin locations or in reserve / overflow location
- Process bin locations changes. Sets up new bins.
- Move items from overflow into bins when needed.
- Update computer system with accurate counts of merchandise received
- Create the manifest (list of details about the order) documentation for orders
- Attach manifest paperwork to physical order (box)
- Update computer with manifest information
- Inspect orders prior to shipment
- Accurately review, for conformance to actual product ordered, all items picked for shipments. Identify errors / potential errors prior to packaging and shipping.
- Follow a formalized inspection plan and complete forms and documents properly recording the inspection results
- Communicate with other areas of the warehouse and / or sales to obtain the necessary information required for accurate order fulfillment. Ask questions if items / orders have the potential to be shipped / ordered incorrectly
- Track number of errors found by type of error and picker
- Keep the picking areas clean. Sweep / clean when needed. Throw away all loose packaging
- Work as back-up as needed in other areas of the warehouse
- Efficiently and effectively pack merchandise in order to ensure delivery of product – Undamaged and visually pleasing (present ability of merchandise) to customer
- Identify new, innovative ways of picking orders which can save time, money, increase customer satisfaction (counter speed) and lower costs
- Practices safe work methods.
Travers’ offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes
- High school or equivalent degree
- Ability to read and understand words, descriptions, acronyms and numbers
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment handling large orders efficiently & accurately
- Team player with positive professional image
- Very detailed oriented and committed to 100% accuracy
- Strong product knowledge and an aptitude for inspection
- Good oral communications skills with proven ability to communicate work results to supervisor and other personnel
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications, and standards
- Ability to correctly complete forms and tally numbers and results
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- May be trained to operate equipment (forklift, stock-picker, and pallet jack).
Medical, Dental, Vision Care & Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(K) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Commuter Benefits, Additional Aflac Insurances, Pet Insurance & Gym Membership discounts.
Work Hours are:
Monday thru Friday from 11am-7:30pm
Pay Rate Starts at $9.00 per hour.
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our Mission is to be the preferred supplier to metalworking and industrial markets worldwide. We accomplish this by offering a...