The Warehouse Associate is responsible for operating material handling forklift for the purpose of shipping, receiving, and picking; which includes but is not limited to: loading or unloading, scanning, moving, staging, replenishing, and stacking product. The Warehouse Associate is also responsible for counting and inspecting product, and notifying when there are damages or discrepancies. The Warehouse Associate is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and will be required to perform other job assignments as assigned.
6 openings - Monday-Friday, 3:00 pm- 11:00 pm
or Saturday-Tuesday, 7am-5pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Will perform warehouse activities for the Picking, Shipping, and/or Receiving Departments. May be required to assist other departments in the Operation. Will rely on instructions and pre-established procedures to perform daily job tasks.
- Shipping Department Responsibilities include but not limited to using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials. Efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Receiving Department Responsibilities include but not limited to using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move product, replenish, stack and store products or materials. Efficiently and accurately locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Picking Department Responsibilities include but not limited to using a gas or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill customer demands. Efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Will stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Quality Control Department Responsibilities include but not limited to using the appropriate documentation to ensure all product and/or orders are received or shipped correctly, and accurately picked. Will verify products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Inventory Control Department Responsibilities include but not limited to assisting with counting and verifying product, researching and reconciling daily inventory variances, reporting any damages or discrepancies, replenishments, and physical inventory; perform labeling, sorting and repacking as needed.
- To perform assigned duties, the equipment used can include but are not limited to: sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, or pallet jack. Responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting any equipment problems. On a daily basis, will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Will adhere to the Basic Safety Forklift Guidelines while operating all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods. Will maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance. (1) Will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety; (2) Responsible for organization and cleanliness of warehouse; (3) Will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety and work rules, and OSHA/MSDS Standards.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/PROFESSIONAL /EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must have at least 6 months of relevant work experience and/or other training; will consider an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Prior experience working in a Distribution environment is preferred.
- Must have experience using material handling equipment. Stand-up forklift is preferred.
- Must be able to work as assigned in a warehouse environment.
UTi is an EEO Employer
- RF Skills: ability to understand and perform job tasks using WM4000.
- Ability to pass site specific forklift certifications.
- Computer Skills: ability to understand and perform some job tasks using a computer.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to follow established procedures and instructions.
- Strong attention-to-detail, accuracy, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or within a group.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-pace environment.
UTi Worldwide - 9 months ago
UTi Worldwide Inc. is a holding company, through its subsidiaries, operates as an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and s...