Warehouse Clerks Needed!
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Free hot healthy meals daily! Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays!
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Warehouse Clerks to work in our flight kitchen located at the Logan airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A warehouse clerk r eceives incoming shipments, verifies quantities per packing slip, puts shipments away, counts inventory, and updates certificates of use. Also, a warehouse clerk keeps the warehouse neat and orderly.
Job Specific Requirements:
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Must be able to read and write reports in English
Education/ Certification Requirements:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/computers preferred
- Knowledge of how to use a pallet jack, a power jack & or forklift preferred
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Environmental Requirements:
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer !
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...