Support Invesco Sales and Marketing by assisting in the activities of the Inventory and Warehouse Operations Group of Supply & Distribution. The focus of this position is supporting activities related to the flow of literature through the Invesco distribution center. The primary functions of the Warehouse Clerk is supplying material to the fulfillment and literature maintenance groups, and performing cycle count duties to assist in ensuring inventory accuracy.
• Maintain adequate stock levels in fixtures located in the fulfillment area.
• Use material handling equipment to safely move literature and supplies between the areas of the distribution center.
• Operate bar-code scanning equipment to perform transactions related to movement of material within the distribution center.
o Assist Group Lead and Manager with inventory cycle count process.
o Perform daily scheduled and ‘as needed’ cycle counts of literature items.
o Assist in investigating inventory variances that fall outside acceptable ranges.
• While counting materials, monitor inventory to ensure that only currently compliant materials are available for fulfillment.
• Fulfill literature orders requesting large quantities of material.
• Assist in loading dock operations. This includes loading and unloading trucks and other vehicles, by hand or using material handling equipment.
• Assist in maintaining warehouse equipment, specifically maintaining adequate water levels in batteries for forklifts, etc.
• Keep warehouse, stock storage, and staging areas clean and orderly.
• Perform any other related duties deemed necessary by management.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• 1-2 years warehouse related work experience is required.
• 1-2 years of experience operating material handling equipment, especially stand-up forklifts and rider pallet trucks, is required.
• Previous experience using handheld scanners is a plus. Ability to learn Oracle and other related systems is required.
• Familiarity with MS Office applications, especially Excel, is required.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
• Team player
• Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people’s opinions
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy
• Ability to conduct complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way
• Warehouse environment with some exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
• The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 50 pounds is necessary.
• Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the supervisor from time to time.
Invesco - 12 months ago
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...