Responsible to act in accordance with the policies set forth in the current procedures manual.
Receives, stores, and ship computer equipment and or integrated computer equipment, within the Edison Warehouse by performing the following duties:
- Receive product in to the warehouse checking for accuracy and entering the information into the computer system.
- Put away, sort, and place product or equipment on racks, shelves, or in bins according to process determined by the Warehouse Manager.
- Processes orders according to priority set by Warehouse Manager in order to meet customer requirements.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for product, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to the designated integration area.
- Picks, packages, and labels shipments according to the customer and work instructions, complete all required paper documentation.
- Preparing orders to be shipped (wrapping pallets with stretch wrap, placing products into cartons according to size and weight)
- Preparing all paperwork for shipments – arranging for carriers, preparing labels, preparing packing lists, close order(s) in the computer system, file all paperwork accordingly.
- Ability to operate a forktruck/pallet jack.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Opening boxes, crates, and other containers.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate face to face and through e-mails.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability and skill with computers and scanning equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.