Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Take direction from shift management (WHS) in the assignment of positioning of import and export equipment to the warehouse dock doors and the proper loading of each outbound trailer. Responsible for assembling proper documentation to ensure shipment to customer facilities of the correct product mix. Provides administrative services as necessary to carry out these tasks. Maintains appropriate computer records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the preparation and delivery of all production documents used to move freight in the warehouse/cross-dock
· Responsible for utilizing WM9 / TLS operating systems to perform all necessary transactions in support of the production and warehouse management team
· Scan packets (load slips) into WM9 / TLS
· Verify packets and paper work comply with established US Customs Rules and Regulations pursuant the SOP, Ensure freight and cargo is properly handled, identified, documented and communicated within the warehouse.
· Expediting customer cargo
- At Risk
- Speed Source
- Ad Pos / Non-Retail
· Gather accurate information about each closed-out trailer.
· Sort out overages, shortages, damage, or mis-loads
· Research and provide disposition of findings to shift/account operations manager.
· Enter each closed-out load into computer system. Compare load slips to system data. Assure load is not overweight and CBM is accurate.
· Update system to seal each load. Produce bills of lading, manifest and check sheets for each sealed load. Assemble load slips with manifest and bills of lading as required.
· Maintain hard copy files of all paperwork related to sealed loads and received trailers.
· Continually update system with current status on each load.
· Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
· Work on special projects and freight handling processes
· Act as a point person to relay carrier concerns and or issues to customer service center
· Perform research on problem data or reported OS & D’s
· Assemble, produce & distribute KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to clients based on their expectations.
Education and Experience. High school diploma and one year of previous computer related job experience .
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.