With direction from the Warehouse Supervisor, this person assists in the planning and preparation of the shipping schedule. Assists in the identification of deviations from schedules so corrective action can be taken. This individual prepares status reports, workload and other reports as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. With direction from the Warehouse Supervisor, acts as liaison between production and sales to control the master schedule.
2. Responsible for coordinating and prioritizing daily shipments including picking, staging, kitting, pull to ship items, applicable production equipment, any additional value added activities such as stamping parts and generating paperwork.
3. Coordinates timely preventative maintenance and repairs of equipment and tools.
4. Coordinate daily cycle counts and generate necessary reports to audit required locations daily.
5. Respond to all emails and phone calls daily.
6. Participates in self-development training on and off the plant site.
7. Responds to daily questions related to shipping scheduling and processes. Advises employees on resolving related problems.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Graduation from high school (or equivalent).
Experience and Skills Required:
At least 5 to 7 years of recent related shipping control experience, which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Strong working knowledge of warehouse activities.
2. Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate warehouse activities with a strong sense of initiative and urgency.
3. Ability to operate general office equipment.
4. Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others and to present ideas effectively, orally and in writing, as well as strong public relations skills.
5. Strong working knowledge of the equipment , materials, methods and practices used in the warehouse.
6. Must be able to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BTD - 11 months ago