Great opportunity to work in the warehouse of a busy manufacturing facility!
Honeywell International is a $38 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 132,000 employees in 70 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
Specialty Products is a global supplier of high-strength and specialty fibers and solutions for a broad range of industrial, consumer and military uses; high-purity Burdick & Jackson ™ research chemicals; high-quality inorganic fine chemicals; Riedel-de Haen ® , organic fine chemicals; medical products; agricultural intermediates; non-flammable ethelyene oxide Oxyfume ®
sterilant blends; oximes; silanes; sealant additives; and new growth platforms. The business consists of five segments: Advanced Fibers and Composites, Specialty Additives, Health Care and Packaging, Fine Chemicals, and Commercial Development.
The Dock / Warehouse Worker for the Muskegon , Michigan facility will be responsible for receiving materials, including the notification of proper personnel and the disposition of necessary paperwork according to current standard operating procedures.
· Able to work alternative shifts (second shift and third shift) and flexibility for overtime.
· Prepare outbound freight including: a) accurately retrieve and assemble products from the warehouse; b) check accuracy of paperwork with products being shipped and complete required records; c) assure proper DOT labeling and truck placarding; d) perform all operations involved with special packaging, including knowledge of FedEx and UPS shipping regulations.
· Responsible for receiving in materials, including the notification of proper personnel and the disposition of necessary paperwork according to current standard operating procedures.
· Authority to prevent nonconforming material from being shipped/
· Rotate warehouse stock and load and unload conveyors and trucks as necessary.
· Perform regular and special inventories as necessary.
· Adhere to forklift truck safety, daily maintenance, and operation.
· Greet truck drivers and supply them with safety glasses and instructions for the proper and safe use of our facility.
· Properly report any building or equipment maintenance needs to supervisor.
· Assist the Team Leader in maintaining necessary supplies.
· Promote, participate in, and support Six Sigma and HOS (Honeywell Operating Systems) cultures.
· Learn, observe, and follow all departmental safety and housekeeping rules, regulations, and good practices.
· Learn and observe the cardinal rules of safety at all times.
· Report all hazards and unsafe work conditions or practices for corrective action.
· Receive and process alternative containers per operating procedures, which ensures DOT compliance and facilitates meeting customer requirements.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Six (6) months distribution or warehouse industry experience.
· Six (6) months experience driving a fork lift.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (in order to drive fork lift).
· Ability to enter data in a computer and bar code reader.
· Experience with Lean manufacturing or continuous improvement.
· Experience in a chemical manufacturing facility preferred.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to move containers that can weigh from 100 lbs. – 3000 lbs using provided equipment.
· Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
· Team player and excellent interpersonal skills.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...