Provide support to the Branch in expediting parts to the Drivers for delivery to customers as well as for delivery to other Branches of the company. Train new employees on company procedures regarding warehouse functions.
1. Pull and organize customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
2. Load materials into vehicle and install bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
3. Train new employees on the proper use and maintenance of equipment and facilities utilized in the performance of their job. Follow-up to ensure results are achieved.
4. Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
5. Package, label and ship customer orders by UPS, US Mail, bus, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
6. Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
7. Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
8. Provide part verification as requested.
9. Ensure all stock is pulled and loaded into the delivery vehicle with accompanying and necessary documents, in conjunction with delivery schedules maintaining a 99% accuracy rate.
10. Work on special projects as appointed by the warehouse manager.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel-toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 3 years of general warehouse experience.
FleetPride - 17 months ago
For FleetPride, bigger is better. The company is one of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the...