ROLE SUMMARY: First-line management of all personnel, systems, and warehouse resources required for the effective control and completion of frame assembly, order fulfillment, shipping, inventory management, and transportation coordination.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow while maintaining facility compliance with standard safety procedures.
- Plans, assigns and directs work of warehouse personnel.
- Schedules shipments via approved carriers.
- Works to satisfactorily resolve any customer issues.
- Ensures cycle counting is completed according to warehouse standards and coordinates the annual physical inventory.
- Reports any process or equipment issue to the Responsible.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all OSHA and DOT requirements
- Compiles and distributes shipping reports detailing status of orders, on-time delivery metrics, and daily shipping costs to monitor efficiency and quality.
- Stages products to prepare orders for movement.
- Initiates contact with vendors to research favorable freight rates, resolve discrepancies, and ensure quality service.
- Generates bill of lading for customer and trucking company.
- Strong character and strong leadership skills, with a proven ability to command personnel.
- Previous Shipping & Warehousing experience.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Previous experience with an ERP system required, with AS/400 preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-focused attitude
- Familiarity with OSHA rules and regulations. Safety-focused attitude.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match and no waiting period to start participating.
- Paid Time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life/Disability insurance
- Our greatest benefit is the opportunity for growth! We promote from within and value continuous process improvements!
Interlake Mecalux, Inc. - 14 months ago