The Lead directs and assists in the work activities of department employees. The Lead performs a variety of manufacturing assignments, the majority of which involves filling in where needed. The Lead performs the job tasks, as needed and depending upon department, of all positions within his/her department. The Lead position requires seasonal availability for a seven day workweek (8-12 hours per day) and ability to work any shift. The work is performed indoors in ambient weather conditions, which fluctuates in temperature extremes from + 32oF to + 105oF.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned or duties may change based on business needs.
- Oversee departmental activities per standard operating procedures, MPS, and Philosophy.
- Work with Shift Supervisor in the assignment and supervision of personnel in order to achieve an efficient operation at all times.
- Assists his personnel in analyzing and correcting problems encountered in job assignments in order to perform work according to standard operating procedures.
- Assist Shift Supervisor to see that all manufacturing orders are followed through properly to completion and are filled out properly prior to turning in.
- Provide orderly and efficient changeover to next shift Lead.
- Pick up and deliver to the department or line (when possible) equipment required from the shop or tool crib.
- Organize and schedule work assignments to achieve maximum efficiency and meet processing objectives.
- Keep informed of changes and new procedures in manufacturing operations.
- Create and execute MPS objectives; meet MPS commitments and work within the guidelines of MPS
- Reflect Milgard business values and Milgard Philosophy in all business interactions
- Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Oversees department employees depending upon department and shift
- Thorough working knowledge of all operating areas of his/her respective department
- Knowledge of delivery operations, distribution legalities and employee management
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Compute basic math problems involving fractions, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to motivate personnel
- Excellent customer service skills
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility
Milgard - 19 months ago