Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Team Lead-Ware house is responsible to lead the warehouse team comprising of Traffic Clerks or Logistics Agents. Oversee daily operations of the team ensuring seamless functions in the warehouse. The Team Lead is responsible to maintain the warehouse area in a neat, orderly and inventoried manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee daily workload and ensure scheduled work is completed. This may require setting daily priorities and/or reassigning employees to other areas depending on daily work load.
· Monitor shipping schedule to ensure shipments are being made accurately and in a timely manner.
· Train new employees to follow correct procedures and practices in the warehouse.
· Reports and resolves shortages, damages, non-conformances, and other discrepancies
· Maintains accurate department records and documentation
· Ensures customer specific requirements are met and provides assistance and support in resolving customer issues and concerns
· Ensures proper equipment and tools are available for warehouse employees to perform daily activities
· Logistics customer account responsibilities - may be required to manage inventory using web based technology and communication with customers on assigned accounts
Education and Experience . High school diploma or equivalent plus three years of previous experience in a lead position or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in a lead position in the logistics industry is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forklift Certification, HAZMAT Certification
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 17 months ago