This is a staff management role within the Chicago Branch, responsible for the warehouse and its staff.
Key Personal Activities & Responsibilities
· Manage the warehouse and storage facility, ensuring the safety of customer and company property and the efficient utilization of the resources (forklift, materials, etc.)
· Ensure that the company meets its legal obligations in relation to the operational activities of the branch in meeting customer requirements;
· To plan and organize the day to day operations of the warehouse, ensuring all moving crews are fully briefed on customer expectations and related activities;
· To provide support in the administration of paperwork and associated information as and when required.
· Ensure that the warehouse facility is secure, clean and tidy at all times and that all necessary measures are undertaken to ensure the security of customer and company property.
· Ensure that moving crews are adequately equipped to perform their work to the standard promised to the customer with meeting customers expectations.(Crown Touch Training)
· Manage the stockholding of packing materials and equipment and submit re-order documentation to the General Manager for approval.
· Manage the storage of customer possessions in a manner that maximizes the utilization of the facility and ensures the efficiency of operation.
· Regularly review the condition of storage containers and ensure that they remain safe and serviceable.
· Supervise and participate in, when necessary, the loading and off-loading of vehicles, containers etc.
· Manage the Health & Safety requirements of the warehouse facility, reporting any deficiencies to the General Manager.
· Plan the day-to-day activities of moving crews, including service partners, ensuring the maximum utilization of resources.
· Ensure all crews are fully briefed on the customer’s expectations.
· Ensure all crews are debriefed following completion of a customer’s move, noting any variance with instructions.
· Liaise with General Manager on the performance of service partners and advise of any required corrective action.
· Carry out ad hoc audits of packed consignments to ensure they adhere to the company standard.
· Carry out ad hoc site visits to ensure moving crews adherence to company standards and instructions in packing techniques.
· Ensure the distribution and collation of all necessary paperwork in connection with customer’s moves and storage.
· Ensure that required reports are provided on a timely basis.
· Provide information to colleagues on a timely basis to enable the efficient coordination of customer’s moves.
· Collate weekly time sheets from operational crews and submit to GM for approval and processing.
· Ensure the safety and security of customers and Company property and monies.
· Comply with all local Health & Safety guidelines.
· Hours of work are as required by the General Manager to get the job completed.
· Communicate regularly with your colleagues and build positive relationships within the Crown USA & Worldwide groups incorporating the Crown Brand Values.
· Observe strict confidentiality outside the office relating to all information obtained during the course of your duties.
· Manage your time effectively and minimize costs at all times. Expenses to be submitted to the General Manager for Approval.
· Encourage & practice a tidy work environment in the office, warehouse, and yard.
· Ensure you and your staff present a professional corporate image at all times through presentation, dress, and behavior
· Participate in networking & business events that will allow the opportunity to showcase Crown Relocations & Crown Worldwide Group or Companies.
· Participate in strategic thinking and assist the General Manager in planning & policies.
Limits of Authority
· Make recommendations for Capital expenditures, materials, uniforms, and other supplies to the General Manager for final approval.
· Authority to recruit new staff & dismiss staff after discussion with General Manager.
· Authority to discipline staff and issue warnings after discussion with General Manager.
· NO authority to enter into leasing or hire purchase agreements without the written approval of the General Manager.
· NO authority for domestic or international business travel without written approval from the General Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
· Required Education - High School Graduate or GED – Some College (Preferred)
· 2 Year Household Good Experience (Preferred)
· Class A CDL License (Preferred)
· Lifting excess of 50 - 100 lbs. occasionally
· Loading and unloading of containers
Working Conditions and Environment
· Occasional exposure to temperatures as low as -10 degrees Fahrenheit during loading/unloading of product.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties
Application/Resume submission - Crown Corporate Recruiter - North America - Callie Balderas - email@example.com or fax: 214-341-3160
Crown Relocations - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard