DYE Precision, Inc., the Action Sports industry leader, is seeking a full-time Warehouse Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for the physical and logical movement of all inventories within the main warehouse located in San Diego, California. The Warehouse Manager plans, manages and participates in day-to-day shipping, receiving and warehouse activities. The Warehouse Manager works closely with all departments, as well as shipping vendors to ensure efficient handling of domestic and international shipments and associated import/export documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of all inter-warehouse inventory movements
- Responsible for planning daily resources and equipment requirements to support inbound and outbound volume
- Prioritizes receiving activities and inbound container flow in accordance with business objectives and customer satisfaction
- Reviews Shipping Documents (BOLs, Commercial Invoices, and Shipping Labels) for accuracy and maintains Shipping Document archives in accordance with corporate file retention policies
- Evaluates existing procedures and standards of packaging, handling, and shipping to identify possible process improvements
- Manages and schedules freight pickups in accordance with DYE’s routing guidelines
- Responsible for supervising the daily activities and performance of all assigned employees
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Liaisons between customers, suppliers and transport companies
- Confers with managers and Sales team to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing
- Coordinates transport of prototypes from our overseas manufacturing plants
- Reviews invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
- Works with Sales team and Reception for order issues and customer needs
- Communicates to Sales team and Reception all backorders and incoming product availability
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and recommends improvements
- Maintains and controls truck inventory for all tournament events. This includes transferring all warehouse inventories from main warehouse to truck inventory and back again after truck returns from an event
- Interacts with other departments to resolve customer service issues as needed
- Advises/trains employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related problems
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bi-Lingual skills in English and Spanish both verbal and written, a plus
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in this field is required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software, such as MAS200 is a plus
- Experience with StarShip, MAS, Magento, UPS & FedEx software applications is a plus
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and detail oriented
- Proficient in operating all equipment within a warehouse environment
- Seasoned manager with history of multiple reports
- Ability to supervise a team of 10 – 15 individuals
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
Please submit cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume through Malakye.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening & Speaking — Understanding the points being made, asking questions, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Problem Sensitivity — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Planning & Organization – Must have strong planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Computer Skills - Strong IT skills, familiar with eCommerce and experienced in EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).
- Shipping & Freight Methods - Knowledgeable in various shipping and freight methods and processes.
Dye Precision, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Malakye.com - 19 months ago