Supervise daily activities of warehouse to ensure safe and efficient storage and shipping and receiving of supplies.
2 or 4 Year College Degree
Knowledge of computerized inventory and tracking systems
Ability to operate hand tools and mechanical equipment
Ability to operate personal computer
Ability to communicate effectively
Five year’s experience in warehouse operations
Background in material handling, purchasing, and stock control
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Supervise receipt of all shipments. Process receiving, discrepancy, and damage reports as needed.
2. Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment, including fork lift, pallet jack, and handcart.
3. Load and unload delivery truck by hand, forklift or with pallet jack.
4. Assume responsibility for shipping and receiving of all items shipped and received by warehouse.
5. Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and supplies and take appropriate action.
6. Maintain and supervise warehousing and storage of all supplies, equipment, surplus classroom furniture and equipment, certain school records, and consumable materials.
7. Maintain and supervise maintenance of computerized inventory records.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Description
8. Initiate all purchase requests to keep stock items available at all times.
9. Maintain all items available from the warehouse.
10. Develop and recommend procedures for orderly replacement of existing movable equipment as it becomes obsolete or deteriorates.
11. Supervise, evaluate, and train employees assigned to warehouse.
12. Direct and maintain a safety program for all employees assigned to warehouse.
13. Initiate and maintain proper and necessary safety and fire prevention equipment within warehouse as prescribed by law.
14. Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
15. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
16. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to your supervisor immediately.
17. Participate in budget development and exercise budgetary control over warehouse operations.
Other Duties as Assigned
18. Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff.
19. Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the goals of IPS Worldwide.
Supervise and evaluate warehouse worker(s).
Computer, ladder, dolly, scaffolding, fork lift, pallet jack, box knife, and small hand tools.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Moderate walking, standing, and/or climbing; heavy lifting (70 lbs.) and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside; work around machinery with moving parts; work around moving objects or vehicles; exposure to dampness and humidity; work on ladders and scaffolding; exposure to slippery and uneven surfaces.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Non Profit/Philanthropic Events:
IPS Worldwide is a philanthropic organization who donates time throughout the year for various activities.
Health and Life/LTD Insurance available after 90 days of service. 401k and profit sharing available after one year of service.