To supervise all aspects of the receipt and storage of equipment,
materials, merchandise and similar items in a storeroom or warehouse,
including receiving, picking, shipping, delivery, security.
• Ensures that items are appropriately marked or tagged for
• Supervise employees who fill orders or requisitions for materials
and keep records of items issued and received.
• Develops and implements specific objectives and performance
measures for functional area and individuals to improve performance.
• Interprets, understands and acts on individual and collective
performance and quality data.
• Selects and hires new warehouse employees; evaluates employee
performance; develops and implements action plans for improving
• Ensures that warehouse and delivery employees receive proper
training and skills development.
• Maintains and manages a fair and equitable employee recognition
• Ensures regular and productive Quality meetings to improve
• Makes recommendations, and implements improvements, in efficiency
and effectiveness of warehouse operations.
• Oversees the preparation and loading of trucks for shipments and
delivery of orders in conformance with company procedures and customer
• Oversees scheduling and dispatching of leased and company-owned
• Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse and
delivery equipment, supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
• Manages and controls warehouse and delivery expenses and capital.
• Ensures compliance with company and government policies and
regulations (e.g., Safety, OSHA, HazMat, DOT).
• Ensures regular safety meetings and recommends changes to assist in
maintaining a safe work environment;
• Oversees physical inventory in the warehouse.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work
• Five (5) years experience in general management (includes
performance management: employee evaluations, corrective actions,
coaching, interviewing, employee motivation and development),
including shift experience
• Experience in distribution and transportation industries.
• Familiar with warehouse management systems (i.e. Red Prairie, RF
Scanners) and transportation routing systems (i.e. Xata Roadnet)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Experience in
initiating and sustaining internal and external customer
• Exceptional follow-up and problem solving skills; ability to handle
multiple tasks and effectively manage changing priorities.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, organizational and
International Paper - 14 months ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....