KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Overall responsibility of managing and prioritizing daily warehouse activities in picking, packing, shipping and receiving.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory by developing strict policies and procedures to ensure accurate inventory levels that reconcile closely with our Netsuite System.
- Analyzes past seasons and prepares seasonal ramp ups twice a year. Ramp ups to include hiring seasonal help and adding night and weekend shifts.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by collaborating with the owner on planning and implementing new design layouts that will enhance productivity and organization.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Analyzing employee productivity reports and then adjust/train staff to optimize productivity.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and motivating employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. .
- Dynamic, proven leader with the ability to effectively motivate staff. .
- Operate hands-on with associates at all levels. .
- Constant analysis of warehouse procedures and how to improve.
- Hold supervisory and staff meetings to organize warehouse activities and to provide leadership training.
- Develop, recommend and manage an annual operating budget.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and people skills are a must; as well as the ability to work in a dynamic and innovative business environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required (MS Office Excel and Word). Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
Mixed Bag Designs - 14 months ago